Monday, October 28, 2013

models diet

Thr answer: It depends. Do models watch their weight? Yes, some do. Others do not. All I can speak about is personal experience, so I will tell you what I eat before a shoot. My diet consists of whole foods, plain and simple. The order of importance: protein, carbs, fiber, and fat. Your body needs a healthy dose of each every day (yes, even fat), and here are some of my favorite healthy foods to help keep my diet balanced. Protein: deli meat, chicken breast, fish, and nuts Carbs: whole wheat noodles, whole wheat bread Fiber: fruits, vegetables, fiber-one cereal Fat: (consumed in moderation) cashews, walnuts, avocados for guacamole, and peanut butter When watching my weight, I have one key trick. I ALWAYS have free foods. After reducing your daily calorie intake, your body will obviously feel hungry more often. If you continue your diet, your body will feel hungry even after being full (crazy, I know). This is what leads to those dieting splurges where you suddenly consume a massive amount of calories in one sitting. Yes, I'm also guilty as charged... The body is a powerful thing, and it's hard to resist that third helping sometimes. Don't forget, eating healthy needs to be paired with exercising for best results!  Free foods are unlimited 'safety net' foods for those can't-get-full feelings. If your diet is strict, then your safety foods might be things like broccoli, salad, cabbage, or celery. For me, my safety foods are substantial enough to be filling, but not too high in calories, like: A bowl of fiber-one cereal with skim milk (100 calories total) Grapes Avocados(more calories due to fat but very filling) Any vegetable Any fruit Water-based soup Applesauce As you can see, I've used some of my favorite foods and turned them into free foods. Make your low calorie food list and eat them guilt-free, because sometimes your body will want to pig out. It's necessary to occasionally indulge. Once a week or once every few days, have your favorite dessert or cookie. Just don't do it every day. Stay focused, eat whole foods, and exercise. Don't forget: Drink plenty of water! You will see results, I promise! Before you start changing your diet, make sure you meet the physical requirements for modeling. Leave your questions or comments below and I will be sure to help as much as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment